Fort Worth - 6th Avenue
Appointments and referrals
New and existing Cook Children's 6th Avenue pediatrician office patients can make an appointment by calling: 817-347-6859.
For your convenience, we've provided patient information and consent forms here. Just print them out, fill in the information, sign them and bring the completed forms with you when you come in for your appointment.
New patients, please have your insurance information ready when you call.
Patient information and consent forms:
Exchange messages, review and pay bills, request appointments and insurance information through mycookchildrens.org (Cook Children's patient portal)
- Call between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday. We are better able to answer your questions and give you advice when we can have your child's medical records on hand.
- After hours, weekends and holidays we provide a Cook Children's nurse to answer your questions about a sick child and give you guidance in caring for your child. You may access this service by calling the office number 817-336-4896 at any time.
- A nurse will take your call, or if one is unavailable, leave a message with a receptionist and a nurse will return your call. Rapid responses are very important to us.
- Routine office visits are by appointment only; we will make every effort to accommodate your needs when your child is ill.
- Please call as soon as possible if you must cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Our office is closed most holidays, including New Year's Day, July Fourth, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Specialty care referrals
At Cook Children's, we provide more than 60 pediatric medical and specialty clinic offices to support your child if they require specialized care. We offer child-friendly medical and surgical technology, as well as care designed to help children and their families feel at ease and safe during a stressful time.
- Referrals to a specialist may be made by your doctor. However, no referrals are made until your child has been seen by his or her primary care physician.
- If you are a member of a managed care plan (HMO), a referral form is required for treatment by a specialist. Allow five to seven working days for the referral to be completed and mailed.
Information on Cook Children's specialty clinics:
Information on Cook Children's Home Health services:
Sometimes kids need long-term care, or will heal better in a familiar setting. We can assist in arranging referrals for quality, patient-centered care in the comfort of home through Cook Children's Home Health. Led by a clinical team with vast experience in pediatrics, our visiting nurses have a minimum of five years of pediatric experience and our skilled visiting nurses are PALS certified.
Fees, payments and insurance
- Fees, insurance co-payment and deductibles are due at each visit.
- Please bring insurance identification to every appointment.
- Let us know when there are changes in insurance coverage, address, employment or phone numbers.
- For more information on Cook Children's financial and billing information, click here.