Welcome to the Cook Children’s Family Volunteer page! Volunteering together is a wonderful opportunity for you and your family to help others while also bonding!
Possible Family Volunteer Placements
- Community Events – on an as needed basis, working at fairs and other community events for Cook Children’s
- “Safe Kids” Projects – on an as needed basis, helping complete projects for “Safe Kids” community events such as Water Watcher tags, Choke tube assembly, ect
- Book Cart – Helping keep the book carts in all waiting rooms well stocked
- Craft Kit Assembly – on an as needed basis, helping assemble craft kits for the inpatient art projects.
- In-Kind donations - collecting much needed items for the children such as clothes, toiletries, art projects ect….(please call The volunteer Office for an updated list)
- Sewing Projects – Making handmade blankets, pillow cases, child life dolls, and other much needed things for the inpatient children (Please visit http://www.dfwstitchawish.com/ for patterns and more information)
Family Volunteer Application
If you would like to apply to become a family volunteer please click the link below to download an application. We ask that any children planning on participating in the program be at or between the ages of 10 – 13 years old (with the exception of sewing projects and donations). Children must have at least one adult family member present.
Thank you for your interest in making a difference for children!