Urgent care services
Should you take your child to the emergency room or to urgent care? Or should you wait until your pediatrician's office opens? In an emergency, don't hesitate to go to the emergency room. But, if your child does not have life-threatening symptoms, we offer an urgent care center for your convenience.
Urgent care situations are illnesses or injuries that need medical attention. Examples of services offered at Cook Children's Southlake Urgent Care and Pediatric Specialties:
- Ear infections/pain
- Strep/sore throats
- Cold symptoms
- Mild dehydration
- Respiratory illnesses – including respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), bronchitis, bronchiolitis, pneumonia and asthma without severe breathing difficulty
- Sprains and possibly broken bones
- Minor cuts
- Infected bug bites
- Foreign body removal (marbles, beans and other interesting things)
- Urinary infection symptoms
- Pinworms, ringworm, rashes and pink eye
- Painful muscle strains
- Head injuries without loss of consciousness or vomiting
Why choose a pediatric urgent care facility?
At Cook Children's, we've seen it all, and we treat it all, quickly. Our team of pediatric-trained physicians, nurses and technicians are experienced in all things kids, and they're ready to take care of your child's needs. In addition to excellent care, our Southlake urgent care center offers:
- Board certified pediatricians and pediatric specialists, RNs, on-site diagnostics and care
- Urgent care walk-ins accepted
- Express check-in accepted until 9 p.m.
If it turns out that more serious medical care is needed, your child will have access to the best pediatric emergency care available at Cook Children's Northeast Hospital in Hurst, Texas or Cook Children's Medical Center located on the main campus in Fort Worth. Our Teddy Bear Transport team is always ready for those extremely critical cases when your child needs to get to our medical center quickly.
Urgent care physicians and staff
- Prosanti Chowdhury, M.D.
- Juan Cocjin, M.D.
- Carey Cribbs, M.D.
- Cindy Durr, D.O.
- Magda Fawzy, M.D.
- Ailey Folsom, CPNP
- Philip Fuller, M.D.
- Jacqueline Hanna, M.D.
- Diana Huston, M.D.
- Althea Jarrett, M.D.
- Vinh Kha, PA
- Meredith Krebel, M.D.
- Steve Lemons, M.D.
- Judith A. Reva, D.O.
- Debra Valis, M.D.
- Rebecca Walker, M.D.
New patients, for your convenience, please have your insurance information ready when you call. 682-885-6000.