At Cook Children's, you'll find the best pediatric doctors in North Texas. Our professionals put the health and well-being of your child first and foremost.
Find a Pediatrician Find a Specialist
Cook Children's provides a complete network of care to children across the state of Texas.
Pediatrician Offices Specialty Clinics
Medical Center Urgent Care Clinics
Surgery Centers Pharmacy
Home Health Virtual Health
Emergency Rooms NEW Locations
Looking for a pediatric specialty clinic? Cook Children's has more than 60 locations across North Texas, because even when your child's diagnosis is complicated, finding the right care should be simple.
Specialty Clinics Specialty Referrals
The 2015 Community Health Needs Assessment was approved by the Board of Trustees on Sept. 27, 2016 and is now posted for public comment.
This report is provided in fulfillment of the requirements of IRS Notice 2011-52 addressing the Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) for charitable hospitals in section 501 (r). This report is written in reliance upon the IRS issued proposed regulations on these CHNA requirements.
View and download the 2015 Community Health Needs Assessment Report
Public comment on this report is encouraged and should be sent via email to: CHNAFeedback@cookchildrens.org
View and download the 2015 CHNA Implementation Strategies
CHNA Implementation Strategies is a companion piece to the September 27, 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment Report by Cook Children's Medical Center (CCMC) and Cook Children's Northeast Hospital (CCNH). It describes the implementation strategies being undertaken by Cook Children's as approved by the respective Boards of Trustees for each organization effective September 27, 2016.
Posted on February 14, 2014 for public comment.
View and download the 2012 Community Health Needs Assessment Report
View and download the 2012 CHNA Implementation Strategies
Cook Children's Health Care System is the country's leading vertically integrated pediatric healthcare organization. Cook Children's represents an award-winning, not-for-profit system of seamless healthcare across the continuum of medical care and service, designed to fulfill our promise for children: Knowing that every child's life is sacred, it is the promise of Cook Children's to improve the health of every child in our region through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury.
The system has eleven separate corporate entities focused on this promise, two of which are charitable hospitals as defined by the relevant regulations: Cook Children's Medical Center (CCMC) and Cook Children's Northeast Hospital (CCNH).
Based in Fort Worth, Texas, CCMC and CCNH share a contiguous six-county primary service area (PSA) in North Central Texas: Denton, Hood, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties. This PSA provides 80.2% of the inpatient admissions to these two hospitals. The remaining 19.8% comes from 122-counties outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex comprising a geographic referral area of approximately one-half of the state.
Cook Children's Medical Center has a nationally recognized, award winning facility. Magnet designated, licensed by the State of Texas it is accredited by The Joint Commission. Cook Children's is known nation-wide for its excellence in quality and safety and has a distinguished reputation for providing extraordinary care and achieving positive outcomes in its neurology, neurosurgery, cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, hematology and oncology, neonatology, and pulmonology programs.
The medical center is licensed for 443 beds, making it one of the largest children's hospitals in the country. CCMC offers advanced technological equipment, leading surgical techniques, rehabilitation facilities and ancillary services designed to meet the special needs of children including a Level IV NICU staffed with a team of neonatologists and specialists combining expertise with the latest technology to provide the highest level of neonatal care available.
Additionally, the campus boasts a professional and highly skilled staff of nurses, technologists, therapists and other clinicians, as well as more than 600 physicians and dentists who provide primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary levels of pediatric care. Child Life specialists, Chaplains, teachers, social services coordinators and translators help patients and families cope with the stressors that accompany a child's hospitalization. Cook Children's designated level II Trauma Center is staffed and equipped to provide comprehensive emergency medical services to patients suffering traumatic injuries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.