Gifts of time and generosity make everything possible. Camp Broncho would not be possible without those who volunteer their time as camp counselors and those who contribute funds and needed supplies every year.
Volunteer your time:
Camp Broncho begins recruiting volunteers in January.
Criteria for being a counselor includes:
- 19 years old or older
- An interview
- Personal and professional references
- A criminal background check
- Child Abuse Training
If accepted as a counselor, there is also a requirement for pre-camp training. Counselors are responsible 24 hours a day for their assigned campers throughout the week of camp. Responsibilities include accompanying kids to scheduled activities, insuring children are appropriately attired for activities, seeing to the care and needs of the campers and assisting with various camp activities.
Important Volunteer and Staff Dates for 2012:
- January 31, 2012: Volunteer counselor applications available
- April 30, 2012: Completed applications due
- April - May 2012: Counselor interviews take place
- June 14th 7-9 p.m. at Cook Children's Medical Center
- August 4, 2012: Counselors report to Camp
- August 5, 2012 : Campers arrive at Camp
- August 10, 2012: Last day of an awesome camp!
Please contact volunteer coordinator with questions:
Kimberly "Kimbo" Henry
Cook Children’s Medical Center
2012 Returning Counselor Application
2012 New Volunteer Application
Contributions of money and camp sponsorships help defray Camp Broncho’s cost and help make the experience possible for 100 campers each summer.
All financial donations are welcome. Our cost is $190 per camper and volunteer, but any donation is welcome regardless of the amount. You can make a donation to Camp Broncho or get more information by calling 682.885.4105.
In-kind donations are also accepted. Items that are routinely needed include:
- Water Bottles
- Coloring books
- Sunglasses and flashlights
Sponsorship opportunities are available for camp t-shirts, hats and backpacks. For more information on how to contribute any of these items, call 682.885.7989.