Fort Worth Urgent Care
Is this an emergency?
If you are experiencing a medical emergency please call 9-1-1 for an ambulance or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
Emergency care is available across the street at Cook Children's Medical Center. Not sure if it's an emergency? Look below for a listing of emergencies.
An emergency is a medical problem that could cause death or permanent injury if not treated right away, such as:
- Severe bleeding that does not stop after 15 minutes of direct pressure
- Severe allergic reactions and/or breathing problems
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Sudden severe joint pain with swelling
- Insect stings accompanied by breathing difficulties
- Swallowing poison or choking
- Not being able to move or speak
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Gaping wound (edges won't come together)
- Head injury with loss of consciousness, vomiting or causing dizziness/confusion
- Visibly broken bones or dislocated joints
- Fever in infants 8 weeks old or younger
- Diabetes/blood sugar issues
What to do in an emergency:
- Remain calm and call 9-1-1
- Begin CPR, if the child is not breathing
- In the case of a seizure, place the child on the floor so that his/her body and head are turned to the side
- If your child is bleeding, apply a clean cloth and constant pressure to the wound
- Never move a child who is injured unless there is an immediate danger, like smoke inhalation or a fire
- If you suspect a poisoning, gather up any poisons, medications, etc., that you suspect your child has swallowed and take them with you to the emergency department
Medical emergencies: are you prepared?
No one ever wants to think about medical emergencies, but if you have children, you will likely experience a medical emergency at some point in time. So not only should you think about emergencies, it’s a good idea to have an action plan ready for them. Click here to view Cook Children's preparation guide.
Open 24/7. Walk-ins welcome.
New patients, for your convenience, please have your insurance information ready when you call. 682-885-8012.