Meet Dr. Phillip Scott
As the oldest of five boys, Dr. Scott has always had a sense of responsibility for the children around him. In high school and college he spent his summers as a counselor at kid’s camps, so it was a rather natural progression to continue working with children as his career in medicine unfolded. He often gets a goofy smile or comment from a child that brightens his day and reminds him why he chose pediatrics.
When he is not at Cook Children’s he enjoys hiking, skating, drawing/painting, and movies. His church community is also an important aspect of his life outside of work.
Dr. Scott is married to a wonderful and supportive wife and they have one son. Dr. Scott says, “They remind me every day of the beauty in life.”
- In-hospital care
- Coordination with specialists
- Communication with your primary care physician
- Medical School:
- 2007-2011 - University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston, TX) M.D.; magna cum laude
- 2011-2014 - Pediatric Residency, Texas Tech (Lubbock, TX)
- Board Certifications:
- Board Eligible
- Cook Children's Physician Network