Our employees are what make Cook Children’s so magical and these are just a few of their stories.
Whether it’s a doctor having a sword fight with a patient, a physical therapist helping kids learn to walk again or an employee who is also volunteer, families are at the heart of everything we do.
- A forever home | Alexis Allmon, once a patient, is now one of our most loyal employees
- A heart as big as Texas | Jill Koss earns national recognition for her work with patients
- Looking for laughs | Matthew Carroll, M.D., finds the fun in life and work
- Motivated, Educated, Connected | A nurse followed her dream to care for babies
- Tri My Best Triathlon | Cook Children's Rehabilitation Services created the Tri My Best Triathlon to offer a unique experience for some of our own patients with varying disabilities and special needs
- Growing Up: A Child Life Specialist's Story | Not all heroes wear capes
- An Eye-Opening Experience | Karen and several members of her family have a rare, genetic form of diabetes so they have invested in research programs in our Endocrinology department
- Coaching Team Success | Randi McKinney plays a unique role in helping our employees deliver on our Promise every day
- Caregiving in Action | This organization helped me, and now I help it and the people from where I am from
- Caregiving in Action: Dr. Richard Roberts | I know how safe surgery is, but having that parent experience is very different
- Above and Beyond | Honoring nurses who demonstrate excellence in the art and science of nursing