Yoga for Kids
Due to recent limitations on group gatherings, and out of an abundance of caution for our yoga class attendees and our patients in the medical center, we are canceling our Saturday morning community yoga classes. Please check back for any further updates on class cancelations or changes. In the meantime, we hope you continue to practice mindfulness, meditation and breathing exercises to help reduce anxiety in this stressful time.
Introducing a unique approach to health. Cook Children's now offers FREE community yoga classes for kids and their parents. This easy class uses gentle movement and a focus on breathing to help participants manage pain, stress and so much more. Whether you're a child or an adult, new to yoga or a master, you'll find something for everyone in this exciting approach to better health for the kids in our community.
Come join us!
Classes are held at 10 a.m. every Saturday (except holidays)
Cook Children's Medical Center
Family Support Meeting Room
801 7th Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76104
The Family Support meeting room is located on the first floor of the medical center between Mirror Mirror Hair and Nail Salon and Camelot Court.
What can yoga help with?
Childhood should be simple, but when it's not, yoga can provide tools to make it easier for kids to cope with challenges they may face, such as:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Chronic headaches
- Sleep disorders
Relax, breathe, heal
If you're looking for a great yoga experience with lots of healthy benefits for kids — and parents too — you'll find it here. At Cook Children's we believe yoga should be fun and contribute to a better quality of life. Designed to accommodate all ages and fitness levels, we've based our program on the following 5 principles:
- Stillness – learn to quiet the mind and body, become self-aware and develop sensitivity, self-control and self-regulation.
- Listening – tune in to what your heart, mind and body have to say.
- Grounding – discover how to be physically present in your body and develop a sense of competence, physical safety and security.
- Strength – develop physical, mental and emotional strength.
- Community – enjoy a fun-loving environment where you can explore yoga through the use of movement, breathing and games.
We're here to help
If you have questions about the classes, please call 682-885-4549 and we'll be happy to help. We also offer yoga for our medical center patients. Ask your doctor or nurse for more information.