Cook Children's offers high school students who are interested in working with patients and families, and/or have a career interest in the medical or a related field, the chance to volunteer during the summer. Serving others as a Junior Volunteer provides a very rewarding experience, personal growth, and an opportunity to give back to the community. If you will be between 15-18 years old by June 1, 2024, consider volunteering at Cook Children's this summer.
- Help families with way-finding and escorting
- Support staff with a variety of projects
- Keep patients and siblings entertained through play and reading activities
- Provide parents with much-needed breaks
- Offer books, self-care items, and art kits from traveling carts
- Assist with community events, and much more.
The 2024 Summer Program
Applications for our Junior Volunteer program are open Dec. 1, 2023-February 1, 2024.
Opportunities to volunteer are available June 3-Aug. 4, 2024, seven days a week, mornings, afternoons, or evenings, depending on the needs of each department. Shifts are once a week for 3-4 hours (minimum total hours are 36 hrs). Please do not apply if you are not able to commit to the required hours.
Please check back December 1, 2023-February 1, 2024.