Our pediatric pharmacists in Prosper are here to make sure your child's medications are safe and effective. That includes helping you understand what your child's medication is for, the best times to take the medication, the right dose, side-effects and any possible drug interaction with other medications your child may be taking, such as other prescriptions, over-the-counter medications like cough syrup or antihistamines and herbals.
Whether your child is being discharged from the medical center, is here for an appointment with one of the specialty clinics or you just like the security of having your child's prescriptions filled by a pharmacy that specializes in kids, teens and young adults, you'll like our services, including:
- Filling your prescriptions before you leave the medical center or doctor's appointment
- Specialty pediatric compounding is done onsite
- Injectable medications
- Free RX flavoring - 10 basic and unlimited custom, yummy flavors
- In most cases, we can deliver your filled prescription to your room or the specialty clinic
- We offer a selection of over-the-counter medicines
- Consultations with our pharmacists
- Refills by phone or MyCookChildren's portal
- Reminder calls, texts or emails to let you know when your prescriptions are ready
- Easy prescription transfers - you give us your prescription number and the name and number of your current pharmacy and we'll take care of the rest
Curbside pick up
Look for the retail pharmacy designated parking spots near the green awning. You may call our curbside service at 945-204-0351 if you would like us to bring your prescription to you!
Our pharmacy staff works directly with your insurance providers to coordinate any prescription issues, such as prior authorizations, to prevent any delays in starting your medications. Your usual prescription copays are collected at the time of delivery.
Cook Children's Pharmacy accepts most insurance, including CHIP. Give us a call at 945-204-0350 and we will be glad to assist you.