Meet Dr. Anne Kirk
As a child, I always wanted to be a pediatrician. My mom is a physician and specializes in Geriatrics, and I have always looked up to her. In seeing how much she worked while I was growing up, I learned that the field required discipline, intelligence, hard work, and empathy. I enjoyed studying the sciences and math in high school but decided to go to a liberal arts school for my undergraduate education so as to learn as much about different subjects and topics as possible.
I grew up in Dallas but then went to southern California for college. I played the violin from elementary school through college. I returned to Dallas to be closer to my family during medical school at UT Southwestern. I moved to Albuquerque for residency where I enjoyed the mountains and gorgeous scenery as well as the great friends I made in my residency program and an amazing mentor who helped me find my path in the field of Pediatrics.
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I love hiking or walking the Trinity trails near my house. Travel is a passion of mine, so whenever I have the time, I find a new place to explore and plan a trip there.
- In-hospital care
- Coordination with specialists
- Communication with your primary care physician
- Medical School:
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Board Certifications:
- American Academy of Pediatrics, American Medical Association,Cook Children's Physician Network
- Consultant on Distinguished Physician Clinical Ladder at the Cook Children’s Physician Network (5/2019)
- Urban Summit Award at the University of New Mexico Pediatrics Residency Program (6/2016)