Referrals and Scheduling
Depending on you particular needs, we have a variety of ways for you to connect with us.
Parents and expectant parents
- If you currently have a child in our NICU and wish to receive an update on your child or connect with his or her medical team, call 682-885-4382.
- If your child is currently in another hospital's NICU and you are requesting a second opinion from one of our physicians, call 682-885-3901 to reach the on-call physician.
- If you are an expectant parent and your baby has been diagnosed with a condition that will require immediate transfer to a neonatal intensive care unit, or if you are at risk of a preterm birth, and you would like to schedule a tour of our Level IV NICU or you have questions, please connect with us here.
Watch a video on our NICU
Cook Children's has contracts with the following health care insurance companies, and we are committed to growing this list. We want to be sure that every family and child in our community has the coverage they need to get and stay healthy.
Did you know that Cook Children's also offers a health plan that may help you access the care you need? Learn more about Cook Children's Health Plan here.
MyCookChildren's patient portal
If your child has an upcoming appointment that requires forms and information to be completed or updated, you can now do so before your appointment, in your MyCookChildren's portal account.
Simply login to your child's MyCookChildren's account, select 'Visits' and then the green 'eCheck-In' icon for your child's upcoming appointment. From there, you can fill out the necessary forms needed. This process from start to finish should take less than 20 minutes and will shorten your time in our office. Please note: the forms and questionnaires are specific to who your appointment is with and what is needed for that type of appointment. Even if you recently updated forms, there may be new items to complete that are specific for this appointment.
For emergent referrals, call 1-682-885-3901
Please have the following patient information ready:
- Patient's name and date of birth
- Reason for admission
- Admission type, such as observation or inpatient
- Special needs of patient, such as isolation or equipment
- Patient's medical history
Important phone numbers for referring physicians
- Teddy Bear Transport – 1-682-885-3901 or 1-800-543-4878
- Dodson Surgery Center – 682-885-1514
- Surgery Center – Hurst – 817-605-2595
- Pediatric Surgery Center - Plano – 972-300-0215
- Home Health – 1-800-747-8242
- Rehabilitation Services – 682-885-4063
Quick reference guide and specialty contacts
For a listing of referral contacts by department you can view, download and/or print our quick reference contact guide by clicking here.
Find a specialist. Looking for a particular specialist or specialty location? Here is our complete physician directory