This video is an introduction to g-buttons including what is a g-button, types of g-buttons, and why g-buttons are used in kids.
If your child has been referred to Cook Children's for a surgical procedure, you no doubt have concerns. To help make things a little easier for you, we've gathered some of the resources and information parents ask us for the most and put them here at your fingertips.
We invite you to explore, download and print the information that you find helpful. Please keep in mind that these resources do not replace information from your doctor. If you have specific questions you need answered regarding your child's surgery, it is important that you speak with your medical team.
- For G-button education – visit our Community Education Events page.
- Surgery guide – Helpful information to help you prepare your child for his or her upcoming surgery. Includes information on verifying insurance ahead of time, what to do the night before surgery, what to bring and what not to bring to the surgery center, getting ready to go home after surgery, and more. Learn more now.
- Coming in from out of town – if you will be needing to stay overnight before the surgery, you will find information on hotels and more, here.
- Health information just for you – if you need more information about your child's condition, and you don't know where to start, the Matustik Family Health Library can help. Click here to learn more.
- Health care notebook – every family should have one, and ours are FREE. Simply download and print and you can keep track of your child's immunizations, doctor visits, medications, and more. Download yours here.
This video provides information on the daily care for your child with a g-button. This includes cleaning, turning and bathing information.
This video provides information on how to feed and give medicines to your child with a g-button.
This video provides information on troubleshooting a g-button.
- Preparing your child for surgery – what you need to know about getting your child ready for surgery, starting with preparing yourself. Learn more here.
- 10 things to know before surgery – helpful tips from parents on our Surgery Family Advisory Council. Learn more here.
- Ear tube surgery – if your child' middle ear infections have resulted in a referral for ear tube surgery, you can learn all about what the surgery is and get tools to help prepare your child for the surgery, here.
- Preparing your child for anesthesia – answers to your questions about anesthesia and information to help you answer your child's questions, and ways to calm their fears, can be found here.
- What's it like to have surgery? – get the answer to this question and more by simply clicking here.
- Ready, set, surgery – this helpful coloring book is a fun and easy way for kids to understand what to expect before, during and after their surgery. You can download a FREE coloring book here.
- What happens in the operating room? – What is an operation room? What is an operation, and why do they call it surgery? Why would a kid need surgery in an operation room? Get answers to these questions and more, here.
Estamos aquí para ayudar.
Si su hijo ha sido diagnosticado, probablemente tenga muchas preguntas. Podemos ayudarlo. Si desea programar una cita, referir a un paciente o hablar con nuestro personal, llame a nuestras oficinas al 682-885-7960.