All Cook Children's Junior Volunteers must be COVID vaccinated.
Cook Children's offers high school students who are interested in working with patients and families, and/or have a career interest in the medical or a related field, the chance to volunteer during the summer. Serving others as a Junior Volunteer provides a very rewarding experience, personal growth, and an opportunity to give back to the community. If you will be between 15 – 18 years old by June 1, 2022, consider volunteering at Cook Children's this summer.
- Help families with way-finding and escorting
- Support staff with a variety of projects
- Keep patients and siblings entertained through play and reading activities
- Provide parents with much-needed breaks
- Offer books, self-care items, and art kits from travelling carts
- Assist with community events, and much more.
The 2022 Summer Program
Applications are for our Junior Volunteer program are open December 1, 2021-February 1, 2022.
Opportunities to volunteer are available June 6, 2022 through August 7, 2022, seven days a week, mornings, afternoons, or evenings, depending on the needs of each department. Shifts are once a week for 3-4 hours (minimum total hours are 36 hrs). Placements are only at the Fort Worth Medical Center. We will have limited availability this year. Please do not apply if you are not able to commit to the required hours.