Preparing for a Video Visit
If you have an upcoming video visit with a Cook Children's provider, the following information can help to make your appointment go smoothly. First, we encourage you to download the Zoom video client in advance of your visit. This will ensure your device is correctly setup and that you'll have an easier time communicating with the provider during your visit.
Download and install Zoom:
Web browser (desktop/laptop) Android device iOS devices
Want to test your install? Click here to join a sample Zoom meeting.
Connecting with your physician:
Once you've downloaded the Zoom app, you're all set to connect with your physician! Following are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure you grant the Zoom app access to your microphone and camera when prompted.
- If you join the video meeting ahead of your doctor you will see a message that you're waiting for the host to join.
- Once your meeting has started, make sure the audio and video icon are both active and not muted.
- Ask family members to stop streaming services such as Netflix or large file downloads while participating in the video appointment.
- If you are on a PC or laptop and not a mobile device, make sure you have the correct microphone and speaker selected. You can also test both speaker and microphone in advance of the video meeting.
- If you are still having audio or video issues after installing Zoom, please reboot your device and try again.
Learn more about Virtual Care at Cook Children's
Using our new Virtual Care service, Cook Children's patients with a MyCookChildren's account can video chat with one of our medical experts for non-urgent medical conditions without visiting the doctor's office.
Need help with your video visit?
For technical questions or connection issues call the Virtual Health Help Desk at 682-885-2300.
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sat-Sun: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
*Note: Technicians are unable to answer medical questions.