Choosing our Team
Cook Children's Infectious Diseases team is dedicated to providing excellent, patient-centered care, as well as access to the most up-to-date therapies and leading-edge clinical research.
We offer care for children and teens with diseases caused by bacteria, parasites, fungi or viruses. Our team provides a broad range of services including diagnosis, inpatient and outpatient consultations, immune deficiency evaluations and treatment of recurring infections.
Meet our doctors:
Pediatric nurse practitioners
MSN, RN, CPNP
DNP, RN, CPNP
Pediatric and adolescent services
Our team provides the following services to infectious disease patients:
- Evaluation and treatment by board certified infectious disease doctors.
- Easy access to the outpatient clinic at Cook Children's Medical Center.
- Intravenous (IV) therapies for diseases requiring routine infusions.
- Inpatient consultation at several, local hospitals.
- Consultation for the management of pediatric infections.
- Immunizations for international travel of children and their families.
- Primary care for children who have been exposed to or have HIV in Tarrant County and West Texas.
- Medical evaluation of foreign adoptees.
We act as consultants for primary care doctors of children and teens with infectious disease. It is important that your child also remain under the care of their primary care physician, who will be able to consult with the infectious disease physician treating them.
International travel services
Before traveling out of the country, it's important for children to be properly vaccinated. Immunization guidelines differ for specific areas of the world. Our international travel program offers:
- Travel vaccines
- Health information
- Safe travel education
All services are personalized and based on specific travel itineraries, planned activities and the patient's health history.
We're here to help.
If your child has been diagnosed, you probably have lots of questions. We can help. If you would like to schedule an appointment, refer a patient or speak to our staff, please call our offices at 682-885-1485.