For babies that are born with rare diseases or conditions, it's never enough to be a nationally recognized neonatal program or to have a Level IV NICU. We must always be looking ahead for new ways to advance the diagnostics, treatments and medicines that further improve the outcomes for the tiny patients we care for.
That's why Cook Children's neonatology team along with our full spectrum of pediatric specialties, is at the forefront of research. Some of our current neonatal research includes:
- Fluconazole Prophylaxis for the prevention of Candidiasis in Infants 750 Grams Birth Weight - Nedrelow
- Registry for Neonatal Encephalopathy - Nedrelow
- (Ntrainer) Randomized Control Trial of Patterned Oral Somatosensory Entrainment Stimulation Program (NTrainer System®) for Shortening Time to Full Oral Feeding - Nedrelow
- (INOmax & BPD in preterms) Inhaled nitric oxide for the prevention of bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) in preterm infants requiring mechanical ventilation or positive pressure support on days 5 to 14 after birth. - Nedrelow
- Evaluation of Factors Associated with Mortality in Neonates - Nedrelow
- The Effect of a Single Family Room NICU Environment on Parental and Staff Stress - Hoff
- EFFECTS OF 100% WHEY, PARTIALLY HYDROLYZED INFANT FORMULA WITH PROBIOTICS ON SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF "COLIC" - Natterer MD
- A Multicenter Pilot Study of Pediatric Patients in the NICU, PICU and Other Intensive Care Units Treated with Octreotide - Thornton
We're here to help.
If you are interested in scheduling a tour of our NICU, please call 682-885-4375. You can find information on how to refer a patient or other NICU contact information here.