When your child is ill or facing lifelong challenges, you need all the support you can get. The following resources will help you understand doctor-speak and link you to additional health information.
Nutrition is important for the healthy growth and development of all children. For children with certain pulmonary disorders, good nutrition can be especially challenging since diet can have an impact on the well-being of the child. Our registered dietitians (RDs) are a key part of our medical team, providing nutrition support as needed.
Learn more about our diet and nutrition services by clicking on the following links:
Having pulmonary issues shouldn't have to mean missing out on the important experiences of childhood, like going off to summer camp. Camp Broncho provides children with asthma between the ages of 7 and 12 an opportunity to enjoy summer camp in a medically safe environment while learning how to care for and take ownership of their asthma.
Learn more about summer camps, family camps, weekend camps, and camps for siblings:
Asthma information and resources
- What is asthma? Information on asthma, causes, triggers, treatment and more.
- Can allergies cause an asthma attack?
- Food allergies
- Is your home asthma-safe?
- Signs, symptoms and triggers of asthma
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides facts on what asthma is, triggers, awareness, prevention and more.
- Tips from the Ameircan Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI)