Cystic Fibrosis Nutrition Resources
The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Clinic has a team of dietitians to help you with your child's nutrition needs. When your child is in clinic, the pulmonologist may ask the dietitian to see your child to provide nutrition recommendations that can help manage your child's condition.
If your child sees a doctor in the The Cystic Fibrosis, and you would like to contact the dietitian, please call: 682-885-7496.
Dietitian Services in the Cystic Fibrosis Clinic
Our dietitians can:
- Help set goals for your child's weight gain and growth
- Help you understand your child's energy, protein and fat intake goals
- Provide recipes or suggestions to help your child reach a healthy weight
- Monitor and make changes to your child's tube feeding plan
- Help you decide if your child needs a vitamin or mineral supplements
- Help you assess the safety of herbal supplements for your child
- Provide advice on eating habits and patterns for a healthier lifestyle
- Help you deal with picky eaters & negative mealtime behaviors
- Promote your child's bone health
- Help you manage your child's cystic fibrosis-related diabetes
- Provide recommendations for sports nutrition
- Help you make healthy food choices during pregnancy
- Recommend appetite stimulants if needed.
Your pulmonary dietitian team
- Cristina Puga, RD, LD, CSP
- Julie DuBois, RD, LD
- Staci Brummett, RD, LD
The recipes below are safe for healthy children and adults and people with cystic fibrosis. For specific recommendations on the right amount of energy, protein, and other nutrients for YOUR child, always contact your dietitian or doctor. The recipes below are not meant to replace the medical advice of your doctor or nutritional advice of your dietitian.