Appointments and Referrals
Prior to any new patient scheduling with the Child Study Center, please talk to your child’s pediatrician about your concerns first, then complete STEP #1 and STEP #2 below.
If you would like to speak directly to our staff, please call our offices at 682-303-9200.
Step 1: Get early screening & evaluation
Birth to 3 years old
Contact Early Childhood Intervention (ECI). This is a low-cost statewide program that will determine if your child is eligible for speech, occupational and/or physical therapy services.
- In Tarrant County, contact (888) 754-0524
- Outside Tarrant County, contact (800) 628-5115
- For more information, visit http://www.dars.state.tx.us/ECIS/
3 years and older
Contact your local public school district or principal of your local grade school. School districts may offer speech therapy or education services if your child qualifies.
- The director of special education for your district may make a referral for assessment.
- Services are available for children and young adults with a disability.
Step 2: Explore Child Study Center
Once you have completed the first two steps, discover why we may be a perfect fit for your child.
Why Child Study Center?
- We provide many services for children with complex developmental disabilities.
- Specialty-trained clinicians and professionals work hand-in-hand with families.
- Every therapy treatment used at the Center is scientifically proven and evidence based.
- We only use practices that research shows will help get positive results for your child.
- We look beyond a single symptom and into the complex whole problem.
- We identify specific disorders and develop treatment plans tailored to each child.
Prior to any new patient scheduling, we require a completed application to determine if your child's needs fall within the scope of our services.
We're here to help.
You probably have lots of questions. We can help. If you would like to schedule an appointment, or speak to our staff, please call our offices at 682-303-9200.