Child Safety is Our Priority
When you visit a Cook Children's clinic, you can trust that your child's well-being is our top priority. To ease any concerns when scheduling an appointment at our clinic, we have put multiple safeguards in place to create the safest environment possible for patients, families and staff.
Important safeguards include:
- Everyone who enters a Cook Children's facility, including physicians and staff will be screened for fever and symptoms of respiratory infection, such as cough, shortness of breath or sore throat.
- Any symptomatic employee will be sent home.
- Any patient or parent who fails the screening will be evaluated further and may need to be rescheduled.
- Everyone in the building, including parents and patients over the age of 2 will be asked to wear a cloth mask, bandana or scarf at all times. Please bring a facial covering for you and your child.
- Only one parent/guardian can accompany the patient. Siblings will not be able to attend unless they have an appointment, as well.
- Our plan is to take patients directly to exam rooms; however, if there is a brief wait, we will ensure proper social distancing in the waiting area.
- Well child visits are scheduled during designated hours and always prior to any sick patient appointments.
- Primary care physicians and nurses are responding to the needs of sick children via telehealth visits. When it is essential to evaluate a sick child in person, they are offered an appointment at designated times to avoid exposing well children.
For information you can trust and resources to help you and your children thrive during these challenging times, we encourage you to visit these resources from our staff: