Meet Dr. Clifton Huang
Dr. Clifton Huang pediatric gastroenterologist, provides care, diagnosis, treatment and education for children and adolescents with diseases and disorders of the digestive system.
- Pediatric gastroenterology
September 15, 2023
The doctor and the whole staff in the Dodson clinic
September 15, 2023
Everything was great! My boy was taken care of very well
September 14, 2023
Dr Huang and all of his staff were very kind and caring always a pleasure to come in for an appointment.
September 14, 2023
I arrived 40 minutes early due to inclement weather and was prepared to wait and they had us back and ready to be seen early!
September 08, 2023
Very uplifting and caring.
August 29, 2023
Everything was great.
August 16, 2023
July 20, 2023
Dr. Huang was amazing with my son, and always is.
July 20, 2023
Dr. Huang took his time, I've never felt rushed with him. He asked me plenty of questions. And he is always so thoughtful and goes out of his way to make sure my son is comfortable. And not once have I ever felt like he didn't listen to my concerns or dismiss them. HE is what every Pediatriac doctor should be at Cook Children's.
June 22, 2023
The continued excellence of Dr Huang's care of (patient).
June 22, 2023
Dr. Huang is truly a Godsend. His bedside manner is unmatched. He made my daughter feel at ease and took his time to explain everything and answered all our questions. We never felt rushed.
June 19, 2023
Dr. Huang is amazing! All of your providers should model him.
June 02, 2023
Dr. Huang has always been amazing!
May 24, 2023
Loved Dr. Huang. He was very warm and welcoming. Made our daughter feel at ease. The nurse who drew blood also did a wonderful job talking our daughter through the process.
April 30, 2023
The whole office staff were friendly and very helpful.
April 30, 2023
The doctor and the PA were excellent! Doctor took time to explain what the care should be, and why not to use hydrogen peroxide.
April 15, 2023
Dr. Huang is absolutely amazing!!! He is always very attentive and knows exactly how to care for my children. He is by far one of the best providers at Cook Children's. He makes a difference in the community!!! His staff are always friendly and helpful also.
April 12, 2023
Dr. Huang was very thorough and thoughtful. Thank you for helping us understand our child's medical issues!
March 31, 2023
Dr. Huang and Staff are absolutely amazing!!!
March 31, 2023
I didn't experience any bad experiences. Everyone was great, nice and showed us where to go.
March 29, 2023
Shout out to Steve Huang he treated daughter so good tried for her to cooperate she was nervious
March 16, 2023
Dr. Huang and Yesica and her assistant who did the lab.
December 07, 2022
The lab team! My son is terrified of going to the doctors due to labs, but they were so great he didn't even cry
November 19, 2022
We love Dr. Huang, he's always very attentive and actually listens to me. The nurses were all very sweet to (patient) and played along with his Spider-Man persona he had going on wearing his Spider-Man mask.
November 13, 2022
Dr. Huang's nursing staff is always so quick to get us answers and items we need for his treatment.
November 05, 2022
Dr. Huang is wonderful! I know he genuinely cares for my child and we appreciate him very much!
October 27, 2022
Dr. Huang was informative and accommodating
October 05, 2022
Dr. Huang is a wonderful practitioner and I just wanted to say thank you!!!
September 29, 2022
Mechell is a rock star. She has been tremendous for us in all aspects of (patient's) journey.
- Troendle, D. M., Ruan, W., Fishman, D. S., Barth, B. A., Liu, Q. Y., Giefer, M., Kim, K. M., Martinez, M., Dall'oglio, L., Torroni, F., De Angelis, P., Faraci, S., Bitton, S., Wilsey, M., Khalaf, R., Werlin, S., Dua, K., Gugig, R., Huang, C., Mamula, P., Quiros, J. A., Zheng, Y., Grover, A., & Fox, V. L. (2022). Technical outcomes in pediatric endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: Data from an international collaborative J.Pediatr.Gastroenterol.Nutr. 2022. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000003612 (PubMed ID 36122368)
- Liu QY, Ruan W, Fishman DS, Barth BA, Tsai CM, Giefer MJ, Kim KM, Martinez M, Dall'Oglio L, De Angelis P, Torroni F, Faraci S, Bitton S, Wilsey M, Khalaf RT, Werlin S, Dua K, Huang C, Gugig R, Mamula P, Fox VL, Grover AS, Quiros JA, Zheng Y, & Troendle DM. Predictors of prolonged fluoroscopy exposure in pediatric endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: results from the Large Pediatric Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography Database Initiative multicenter cohort. J.Pediatr.Gastroenterol.Nutr. 2022:74(3):408-412. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000003347 (PubMed ID 34724445)
- Gugig R, Muñoz Jurado G, Huang CS, Oleas R, & Robles-Medranda C. Self-expandable metal stent placement in a child for treatment of achalasia after failed Heller myotomy. Endosc Int Open. 2018:6(1):E64-E66. doi: 10.1055/s-0043-118745 (PubMed ID 29344561)
- Brant SR, Okou DT, Simpson CL, Cutler DJ, Haritunians T, Bradfield JP, Chopra P, Prince J, Begum F, Kumar A, Huang C, Venkateswaran S, Datta LW, Wei Z, Thomas K, Herrinton LJ, Klapproth JA, Quiros AJ, Seminerio J, Liu Z, Alexander JS, Baldassano RN, Dudley-Brown S, Cross RK, Dassopoulos T, Denson LA, Dhere TA, Dryden GW, Hanson JS, Hou JK, Hussain SZ, Hyams JS, Isaacs KL, Kader H, Kappelman MD, Katz J, Kellermayer R, Kirschner BS, Kuemmerle JF, Kwon JH, Lazarev M, Li E, Mack D, Mannon P, Moulton DE, Newberry RD, OSUNTOKUN BO, Patel AS, Saeed SA, Targan SR, Valentine JF, Wang MH, Zonca M, Rioux JD, Duerr RH, Silverberg MS, Cho JH, Hakonarson H, Zwick ME, McGovern DP, & Kugathasan S. Genome-wide association study identifies African-specific susceptibility loci in African Americans with inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology. 2017:152(1):206-217.e2. doi: S0016-5085(16)35127-7 (PubMed ID 27693347)
- Huang C, Haritunians T, Okou DT, Cutler DJ, Zwick ME, Taylor KD, Datta LW, Maranville JC, Liu Z, Ellis S, Chopra P, Alexander JS, Baldassano RN, Cross RK, Dassopoulos T, Dhere TA, Duerr RH, Hanson JS, Hou JK, Hussain SZ, Isaacs KL, Kachelries KE, Kader H, Kappelman MD, Katz J, Kellermayer R, Kirschner BS, Kuemmerle JF, Kumar A, Kwon JH, Lazarev M, Mannon P, Moulton DE, OSUNTOKUN BO, Patel A, Rioux JD, Rotter JI, Saeed S, Scherl EJ, Silverberg MS, Silverman A, Targan SR, Valentine JF, Wang MH, Simpson CL, Bridges SL, Kimberly RP, Rich SS, Cho JH, Di Rienzo A, Kao LW, McGovern DP, Brant SR, & Kugathasan S. Characterization of genetic loci that affect susceptibility to inflammatory bowel diseases in African Americans. Gastroenterology. 2015:149(6):1575-1586. doi: 10.1053/j.gastro.2015.07.065 (PubMed ID 26278503)
- Huang A, Huang CS, & Kugathasan S. Vertebral osteomyelitis due to Candida parapsilosis in a child with Crohn disease while receiving anti-TNF therapy. J.Pediatr.Gastroenterol Nutr. 2013:56(4):23. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0b013e31827ecbda (PubMed ID 23201701)
- Middleton JP, Bhagavathula AP, Gaye B, Alvarez JA, Huang CS, Sauer CG, Tenjarla G, Schoen BT, Kumar A, Prasad M, Okou DT, Ifeadike WC, Dhere TA, Conneely KN, Ziegler TR, Tangpricha V, & Kugathasan S. Vitamin D status and bone mineral density in African American children with Crohn disease. J.Pediatr.Gastroenterol.Nutr. 2013:57(5):587-593. doi: 10.1097/MPG.0b013e31829e0b89 (PubMed ID 23760229)
- Adeyanju O, Okou DT, Huang C, Kumar A, Sauer C, Galloway C, Prasad M, Waters J, Cutler DJ, Zwick ME, Dhere T, & Kugathasan S. Common NOD2 risk variants in African Americans with Crohn's disease are due exclusively to recent Caucasian admixture. Inflamm.Bowel Dis. 2012:18(12):2357-2359. doi: 10.1002/ibd.22944 (PubMed ID 22447396)
- Geem D, Medina-Contreras O, Kim W, Huang CS, & Denning TL. Isolation and characterization of dendritic cells and macrophages from the mouse intestine. J.Vis.Exp. 2012:(63):e4040. doi(63):e4040. doi: 4040 (PubMed ID 22644046)
- Huang CS, & Kugathasan S. Markers that differentiate early from late IBD. Dig.Dis. 2012:30(4):380-382. doi: 10.1159/000338130 (PubMed ID 22796800)
- Huang, C., & Kugathasan, S. (2011). Effect of age of onset on IBD phenotypes and genotypes. In T. Bayless, & S. Hanauer (Eds.), Advanced therapy of inflammatory bowel disease (pp. 77-80). Shelton, CN: People's Medical Publishing House.
- Huang, C, Martin E, Martinez E, Segura V. Prevalence of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, overweight and other cardiovascular risk factors in community El Tanque, San Salvador, El Salvador. Signos Vitales 2003:1(Suppl 1).
- Gupta R, Khalaf R, Morrison J, Amankwah E, Ruan W, Fishman D, Barth B, Liu Q, Giefer M, Kim K, Martinez M, Dall'oglio L, Torroni F, De Angelis P, Faraci S, Bitton S, Dua K, Gugig R, Huang C, Mamula P, Quiros JA, Zheng Y, Piester T, Grover A, Fox V, Wilsey M, & Troendle D. Impact of trainee involvement on the outcome of ERCP procedures: Results from the pediatric ERCP initiative. North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Annual Meeting, NASPGHAN 2021, Virtual. December 12-18, 2021.
- Fishman DS, Barth B, Liu Q, Giefer M, Kim KM, Martinez M, Dall'Oglio L, De Angelis P, Faraci S, Angelino G, Bitton S, Wilsey M, Khalaf R, Werlin S, Dua K, Gugig R, Huang C, Mamula P, Quiros JA, Zheng Y, Grover A, Fox VL, & Troendle DM. Technical tutcomes in pediatric ERCP: Experience with the multicenter pediatric ERCP database initiative (PEDI). 52nd Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition, ESPGHAN 2019, Glasgow, United Kingdom. June 5-8, 2019.
- Huang C, Kupelian C, Patel M, & Gugig R. Probe based conofocal laser endomicroscopy offers an in-vivo real time assessment of the mucosa in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. DDW 2019 ASGE Program and Abstracts, San Diego, CA. May 18-21, 2019.
- Kupelian C, Gugig R, & Huang CS. Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy offers an in-vivo real time assessment of the mucosa in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease. North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Annual Meeting, NASPGHAN 2019, Chicago, IL. October 17-19, 2019.
- Troendle DM, Barth B, Fishman DS, Liu Q, Giefer MJ, Kim KM, Martinez M, Dall'Oglio L, Angelino G, De Angelis P, Faraci S, Bitton S, Wilsey M, Khalaf RT, Werlin S, Dua KS, Gugig R, Huang C, Mamula P, Quiros A, Zheng Y, Grover AS, & Fox VL. Technical outcomes in pediatric ERCP: experience with the multicenter pediatric ERCP database initiative (PEDI). DDW 2019 ASGE Program and Abstracts, San Diego, CA. May 18-21, 2019.
- Geem D, Medina O, Kim W, Huang C, Newberry R, & Denning TL. Secondary lymphoid organs and CCR7 are dispensable for intestinal Th17 and Foxp3+ Treg cell differentiation. Experimental Biology 2012, EB, San Diego, CA. April 21-25, 2012.
- Adeyanju O, Okou D, Huang C, Sauer C, Prasad M, Waters J, Ifeadike W, Benjamin A, Labaze S, Cutler D, Zwick M, Dhere T, & Kugathasan S. Risk of NOD2 In African-American subjects with Crohn's disease is exclusively contributed by Caucasian admixture. 2011 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's National Clinical and Research Conference, Hollywood, FL. December 1-3, 2011.
- Bhagavathula A, Gaye B, Alvarez J, Huang C, Sauer GC, Schoen B, Prasad M, Waters J, Ifeadike W, Okou D, Ziegler T, Tangprincha V, & Kugathasan S. Vitamin D deficiency is found in 2/3 of African American population regardless of underlying IBD or not and the vitamin D levels are not influenced by disease severity or location in AA population. 2011 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's National Clinical and Research Conference, Hollywood, FL. December 1-3, 2011.
- Dhere T, Hofmeckler T, Griglione N, Huang C, Sauer C, Tenjarla G, Schoen B, Ifeadike W, Olejeme H, Prasad M, Kumar A, Okou D, Galloway C, & Kugathasan S. Crohn's disease is 3 fold higher compared with ulcerative colitis among African-Americans; combined pediatric and adult data from the greater Atlanta area. 2011 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's National Clinical and Research Conference, Hollywood, FL. December 1-3, 2011.
- Huang C, Medina-Contreras O, Geem D, Kim W, Kugathasan S, & Denning T. VSIG4/Z39Ig, an inhibitory B7 superfamily member, is down-regulated in intestinal mucosal tissue during inflammatory bowel disease. 2011 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's National Clinical and Research Conference, Hollywood, FL. December 1-3, 2011.
- Sauer CG, Middleton J, Huang C, Kalb B, Martin D, Alazraki A, Applegate K, & Kugathasan S. Serial magnetic resonance enterography (MRE) directs clinical decision making in children with small bowel and/or perianal Crohn's disease (CD). 2011 Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's National Clinical and Research Conference, Hollywood, FL. December 1-3, 2011.
- Segura V, Huang C, Martín E, Martínez E, Sansivirini F, & Astacio N. Antithrombotic therapy in an experimental model of acute ischemic stroke in rabbits. 24th International Symposium on Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, Brussels, Belgium. March 30 - April 2, 2004.
- Medical School:
- Universidad Dr. JosÃ© Matias Delgado, El Salvador
- Miami Children’s Hospital (now Nicklaus Children's), Miami, Florida
- Board Certifications:
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Cook Children's Physician Network