Cook Children's status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization allows us to focus on investing in providing exceptional health care, rather than delivering high investor returns.
Exceptional care is about medical expertise, advanced technology and research, but it's also about working together with our communities and partners to improve the health of every child in our region. As a not-for-profit organization, all of our stakeholders benefit from Cook Children's efforts which include a focus on:
- The prevention of illness, disease and injury through the collaborative efforts of our Community Health Outreach programs.
- Providing access to health-related services for all families in our region.
- Strengthening families and communities through education, resources and outreach.
- Partnering with community, business and civic leaders, educators and social service organizations to address the needs of families in our community.
- Taking an active role in pediatric health initiatives at the local, state and national level.
As a nonprofit, all of Cook Children's resources go toward supporting these goals and our Promise to improve the health of every child through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury.
The Center for Children's Health Community Health Needs Assessment Report