Cook Children's Orthopedics
When your child needs orthopedic care, you want doctors who are experts at treating developing bones, muscles and joints. Our orthopedic specialists are trained to care for the unique needs of children's growing bodies.
At Cook Children's, we only treat the younger population - from newborns through young adults - and understand their specific needs. We have specialists in every area of orthopedics ready to find the right approach. From rare conditions to common sports injuries, we're here to help your child heal and thrive.
Choosing Cook Children's for orthopedic care
We know you have many options when it comes to treatment for your child. Our team strives to provide the best care possible for a broad range of orthopedic conditions.
When you select the pediatric orthopedic experts at Cook Children's to help your child, you can expect:
- Nationally recognized care: Cook Children's is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation's top medical centers for pediatric orthopedics. Families from around the country - and the world - seek us out for specialized orthopedic treatment.
- Team approach: Not all orthopedic conditions are as simple to fix as a basic fracture. More complicated conditions can require a team of experts from several medical specialties. Our orthopedic specialists work together with neurologists, endocrinologists, physical therapists and others to cover your child's health from every angle.
- Pediatric focus: Children's bodies constantly grow and change, making care for their bones, muscles and joints challenging. Our pediatric orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine doctors focus on caring for children like yours. Their specialized experience and expertise leads to the safest, most effective care.
- Innovative treatment options: We specialize in treatments appropriate to growing bodies. When possible, we offer approaches that avoid surgery. When needed, though, we can provide operations that still protect overall health. One example: unique surgeries that use supportive, magnetic rods that grow with your child.
- Convenient locations: We provide complete orthopedic care at our main outpatient center on our Fort Worth campus. Your child can also receive expert treatment and follow-up care at one of our satellite clinics closer to home. Find a location near you.
- Support every step of the way: A dedicated nurse coordinator works with your family throughout treatment. They can help coordinate care with a variety of specialists to make your experience smoother and less stressful. As part of our effort to place families first, we also have Child Life specialists to help out. They work to ease any fears or anxieties your child may have during your time here.
Our pediatric orthopedic specialties
Our program's doctors each specialize in a particular area of orthopedic care. Their focus means better care for every condition we treat - from the common to the most complicated.
Our areas of orthopedic specialization include, but not limited to:
- Trauma, injury and fracture care
- General orthopedics
- Hand and upper extremities
- Hip preservation
- Neuromuscular disorders, including cerebral palsy
- Scoliosis and spine
- Sports medicine