Meet Our Team
As a mother myself, I know that from the time you find out you are pregnant, you start planning. Planning what you think your pregnancy, delivery and your baby will be like. However, we know that while pregnancy can be amazing, it can also be overwhelming at times. That's especially true if you learn that your unborn baby may have a medical condition. At Cook Children's Fetal Center we are here for you and will be by your side through this journey.
As your fetal nurse coordinator, I will work closely with you and your referring OB/MFM to prepare the best plan for you and your baby. I will arrange your specialists' appointments and work with your schedule to make them as convenient as possible. I will meet you in our lobby and walk with you so you can find your way to appointments easily. I am happy to sit in on your appointments, if not that's okay too. Our end goal is to ensure that you feel confident in the plan we prepare for your pregnancy, delivery and child's care.
Please know I am available for your questions and scheduling needs to ensure your individualized care. It is truly a pleasure to serve you during this special time and I feel blessed to get to know you and your baby!
Fetal nurse coordinator services:
Assists with scheduling fetal consult and all subsequent specialty appointments
Provides clear directions and instructions regarding appointment location, date, time and what to expect
- Will meet you and escort you to the appropriate location for your appointments
- Provides welcome letter, free parking, dining gift cards and a map of Cook Children's Medical Center
- Provides language assistance if needed
Communicates with referring providers and delivery hospital
- Provides information after your appointments to your referring physician and delivery hospital so they can help you create an individualized plan of care
- Summarize your appointment results and answer any questions you may have
- If you anticipate your baby will spend time in the NICU, a virtual tour can be provided
Schedule an appointment
To schedule an appointment with Cook Children's Fetal Center or to learn more, please contact our fetal nurse coordinator:
Call 682-885-2158 682-885-3223 fax
Additional members of your team
- Bannie Tabor, M.D., Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist | Medical Director, Fetal Center
- Laura Meister, RN, DNP, NEA-BC | Service Line Director, Cook Children's Medical Center
- Terri Weinman, D.O. | Neonatology
- Sheralyn Hartline, RN, MSN | NICU Director, Cook Children's Medical Center
- Lindsey Cannon, RN, MSN, RNC-NIC, NEA-BC | Director, Center for Women and Infants-Texas Health Resource
- Lauren Dees, RN, BSN, CPN
- NICU Case Managers
- NICU Lactation Consultants
- Social Workers
- Child Life Specialists
- Pastoral Care
- Palliative Care
- Neonatology consultants
Cook Children's specialties are available to ensure we take care of every aspect of your child and their health needs. Click here to see a full list of specialty programs offered at Cook Children's.