Why Choose Global Health Services at Cook Children's
Having a child with a medical condition is stressful for any parent — especially if you can't get the help you need. When your child requires highly specialized care, you may need to look beyond your local hospital. That's where Cook Children's Global Health Services (GHS) comes in.
The GHS program helps families who decide that traveling for care is their best option. Our unique program makes Cook Children's Medical Center an ideal choice for out-of-state and international specialty pediatric care.
What sets Global Health Services at Cook Children's apart
When you bring your child to Cook Children's, you can rest assured that they'll receive world-class care. Our GHS team takes care of all the details, so you can focus on your child's needs.
Through our program, you can expect:
- Integrated care: We're a leader when it comes to fully integrated care. That approach means your child benefits from a comprehensive network of pediatric specialists and clinics, all in one place. No matter your child's medical, social or emotional need, you'll find the required help within our medical center.
- Team approach to treatment: Depending on the medical condition in question, your child may have to see multiple specialists. We make that medical journey seamless by working together as a team to provide personalized care for each child. We ensure coordinated apppointments to maximize your stay and make your experience easier for the whole family. Back home, your doctor remains involved in all treatment decisions, with the Cook Children's team staying in close contact.
- Nationally recognized specialty programs: All of our pediatric specialty clinics provide exceptional care. Six of them have made U.S. News and World Report's list of Best Children's Hospitals: Neurology & Neurosurgery, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology & Lung Surgery, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, and Cancer.
- Convenient location: Cook Children's Medical Center is located in Fort Worth, Texas, the 17th largest city in the U.S. (We also provide an additional option north of the metro area with the opening of our medical center in Prosper.) The Dallas Fort Worth International Airport is less than 30 minutes away and offers nonstop service to destinations across the country and the world.
- Travel assistance: The Global Health Services team can help you get here — and make your stay more comfortable once you arrive. We want traveling to Cook Children's for care to be as easy and stress free as possible.
- Support for your whole family: Each family is assigned a dedicated clinical coordinator whose job is helping every member feel welcome. Coordinators set up care by making appointments with all the specialists your child needs to see. They can also help make your stay in Fort Worth more enjoyable by arranging fun activities for your family.
Meet Our Team
Manager, Clinical Operations
Business Development Liason, Americas
We're here to help
If your child has been diagnosed with a medical condition, you likely have lots of questions. We can help. To schedule an appointment, refer a patient or speak to our staff, please call our GHS team.