Global Health Services
When your child has a medical condition, you want the best care possible - no matter what. At Cook Children's, we understand, and we're here to help. As a leader in specialized pediatric care, we host children in need from around the country - and the world. Families trust us to provide the compassionate, leading care they seek.
We designed our Global Health Services (GHS) program to meet your needs when you travel to see us. We're conveniently located in Fort Worth, Texas, with easy access to DFW International Airport. Our team offers guidance in multiple languages to help navigate the complexities of care far from home.
Our pediatric specialties
At Cook Children's, we have several Centers of Excellence, with a number of our programs highly ranked by U.S. News and World Report. We're proud of our specialists for taking on the most complex cases. We strive to help children live better lives by providing the most effective, innovative treatments. It's been our culture for more than 100 years, and the promise we continue to live by.
Some of our leading specialties include:
- Cardiovascular Surgery: Our services include care for heterotaxy, surgery (the Norwood procedure) for hypoplastic left heart syndrome and 3D imaging. Learn more about Cardiovascular Surgery.
- Endocrinology: We care for hyperinsulinism, hypoglycemia and congenital adrenal hyperplasia, among other conditions. Learn more about Endocrinology.
- Gastroenterology: Specialized services include our Advanced Pediatric Endoscopy Program and our Gastrointestinal Motility Program. Learn more about Gastroenterology.
- Hematology and Oncology: We provide care for neuroblastoma and vascular tumors, among other conditions. Our treatments include CAR T-cell therapy, bone marrow and stem cell transplants, and fertility preservation. Learn more about Hematology and Oncology.
- Neurology and Neurosurgery: Conditions treated include cerebral palsy and movement disorders, spina bifida, epilepsy, spinal muscle atrophy and stroke. We also provide Neurosurgery, deep brain stimulation (DBS) and a surgery called selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR), among other specialized treatments. Learn more about Jane and John Justin Neurosciences Center.
- Orthopedics: Our services include complex spine care and surgery for hands and upper extremities (arms and shoulders). Learn more about Orthopedics.
Contact us to get care for your child
If you want to learn more about bringing your child to Cook Children's for care, contact us. Our clinical coordinators for Global Health Services are ready to help make your experience as easy and stress free as possible.
For more information about our program, please call us at 01-682-303-1376.
At Cook Children's we want you to feel like you are a part of our family. Our Global Health Services team is here to provide you with the best experience. Our mission is to guide you through your child's medical care journey.
Cook Children's will provide you with information and resources to help you prepare for your visit, understand what will happen once you arrive and support your family after you return home. We are here to make your experience welcoming and stress-free.
If you are a parent researching care for your child, speak with your physician about a referral. Find information about our specialties care services here.
Preparing for a trip abroad requires preparation, packing and travel arrangements. Before you leave home, it's important for you to gather all of your child's medical records to bring with you.
Use this list to ensure you bring everything needed for your child's medical care:
- Your child's complete medical history
- A letter from your child's physician
- All results from tests and pathology reports
- A list of prescriptions including the dosages
- Contact information for all of your child's doctors
- Family medical history
Other things to pack for your child:
- A familiar item like a stuffed toy or blanket
- Your child's favorite book or game
- Toiletries (toothbrush, comb)
- Chargers for electronics
- Jacket or sweater (as waiting rooms might be cool)
- Seasonal clothing
At Cook Children's, everything we do is designed to help kids, and their parents, feel better. Our commitment to family-centered care means we'll do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and welcome. From flight scheduling to accommodations to recreation, our staff will help with all the details so you can focus on the one child that matters most: yours.
Cook Children's Concierge Services can help patient families save time and money with various services, including:
- Airline transportation
- Car rentals
- Private ground transportation
- Hotel accommodations
- Tickets for movies and local seasonal attractions
- If you have questions, contact us at 01-682-303-1376
Cook Children's is conveniently located just 30 minutes from one of the world's largest international airports. Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport has non-stop service to many destinations all over the world, and service to more than 200 cities with over 60 non-stop flights into Latin America and Mexico.
Latin American cities with non-stop flights to Dallas/Fort Worth:
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Lima, Peru
- Bogota, Colombia
- San Salvador, El Salvador
- San José, Costa Rica
Additional airports with direct flights to Dallas/Fort Worth:
- Frankfurt Airport
- Amsterdam Airport
- Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- Munich Airport
- Dubai International Airport
Insurance and billing
If you have any questions regarding payments, our Global Health Services team will be able to assist.
Paying for health care services
We have partnered with Flywire to provide an easy and secure way of paying your bill. With Flywire you can:
- Pay in your country's local currency
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Receive multilingual support
- For questions, please call 01-682-303-1376
For referring physicians
If you have a patient who could benefit from our expert care, contact us. Our Global Health Services team helps make the process easy to navigate — for you and your patient's family. We coordinate travel and treatment plans. When it's time for your patient to return home, we work together to make the transfer and continuation of care as seamless as possible.
If you are a new referring physician, please contact:
Global Health Services
For additional information email: GlobalHealthServices@cookchildrens.org