Traveling to Cook Children's for Care
Upon deciding to travel to Cook Children's for your child's care, you may think you have dozens of details to figure out. Fortunately, you can leave the logistics to our dedicated and compassionate Global Health Services (GHS) team.
At GHS, we believe that your only job is to focus on your child. We'll take care of the rest.
Services for traveling families
Think of the Global Health Services team as your family's personal concierge service. Your GHS clinical coordinator will be your main point of contact here at Cook Children's. They will carefully manage all aspects of travel and treatment throughout your family's medical journey.
Our concierge services include:
- Support in several languages: Our multilingual team includes clinical coordinators fluent in Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Mandarin and French. You'll never have to navigate complex medical language without an interpreter's help.
- Travel and housing assistance: We'll guide you through every step of the travel process, providing guidance with plane tickets, international visas, medical transport services and local housing. Find more detailed travel information.
- Campus tours: Arriving at a new medical center can feel overwhelming. Your clinical coordinator will show you around our campus and help familiarize you with where you need to go.
- Coordinating medical appointments: Your child may need to consult with multiple specialists soon after arriving. We'll line up all the necessary visits, making the process of starting care as smooth as possible.
- Help navigating (and enjoying) a new city: Depending on your child's needs, your family may be in Fort Worth for an extended period. While we know everyone is focused on medical care, we want to help parents and siblings take much-needed breaks. We can help you find enjoyable restaurants and arrange fun activities, such as a trip to one of the nation's best zoos or a concert.
For referring physicians
When you refer a child to us for specialty pediatric care, you aren't giving up a patient. You're gaining a team of medical specialists. You can reach us 24/7 to stay updated and involved in your patient's treatment here at Cook Children's.
When it's time for your patient to return home, we're still here to help. We believe that a continuum of care provides the best outcomes. By working together, we can help you and your patient navigate the required follow-up care.
We're here to help
If you've decided to travel to Cook Children's for your child's care, you likely have lots of questions. We can help. For assistance with travel planning, housing or anything else related to our Global Health Services program, please call our GHS team.