At Cook Children's we're committed to family-centered care. Our goal is to foster nurturing, caring and trusting partnerships with our patients, families and staff. We're here to make your visit as comfortable as possible, but when you have concerns, our Patient Representatives can help you navigate the complexities of a hospital, emergency or urgent care visit.
Patient Representatives listen to your concerns and serve as advocates when addressing needs and complaints. They work with medical center personnel to achieve satisfactory resolutions and identify areas for process improvement. Patient Representatives strive to ensure your complaint is addressed in a timely manner with the appropriate management team. We provide support, clarity and an important bridge so the patient can focus on getting well.
We can address concerns in the following Cook Children's locations:
- Medical center
- Specialty clinics
- Emergency department
- Urgent care centers
Things we can help with
- Serves as an advocate for you (patient, parents, and legally authorized representatives).
- Educate on patient rights and responsibilities.
- Provides you with the chance to share your experiences and feelings about issues that have not been resolved to your satisfaction by your healthcare provider.
- Conduct a formal review of your complaints and grievances related to quality of care and treatment issues, service delivery, and/or patient rights.
- Gives feedback about your complaints and grievances from the team involved.
- Listen to your concerns without judgment.
- Forwarding compliments to designated management.
Everyone in our department is here to serve as a liaison and neutral facilitator to help improve the experience. Our goal is excellent service. Your comments and feedback are valued and desired.
Resources and information
- Patients and Parents Rights and Responsibilities English
- Patients and Parents Rights and Responsibilities Spanish
Hours of operation
We are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If your child is currently in one of our facilities and you need urgent assistance after hours, please call the operator at 682-885-4000 and ask for the nursing supervisor.