Guest and Visitor Information
Whether you're staying with your child or just visiting, we want you to feel at home. With more than 100 years of experience caring for children and their families, we have a fair idea of what you might need while you're here. But if there's something you can't find, let us know. We're here to help.
At this time, we're taking extra safety precautions with our visitors. Before coming to the medical center, please view our current visitor policy.
Making phone calls
- In-hospital calls: To call a number in the medical center, dial the four-digit extension using the phone in your room.
- Local calls: Local calls are free. Dial 9, then the 10-digit number to make a call.
- Mobile phones: If you use your mobile phone in the medical center, please be mindful of your surroundings and respectful of others around you. If you need privacy for your phone call, please ask a nurse or a host at the welcome desk for help.
We provide resources throughout the medical center to help make your time with us more comfortable.
- ATM: The ATM is located by the snack machines across from the medical center registration desk.
- Chapel: The chapel is located on level 2. For service times or to speak with a chaplain, please call 945-204-2110.
- Companion care restroom: For children and teens with limited mobility, we provide a restroom with a height-adjustable table and plenty of room to move around. The restroom is located on the first floor near patient registration.
- Health information packets: Need information about a condition or procedure? Cook Children's librarians can put together a personalized health information packet. To get started, ask a librarian.
- Information desk: Located at the main entrance, our hosts are your first warm welcome to Cook Children's Medical Center – Prosper. They can point you in the right direction and help you find anything you may need.
- Internet access: Cook Children's offers free Wi-Fi for your convenience. Log on to the network "guestnet" upon your arrival.
- Laundry area: Washers and dryers are available in the family lounge on the fifth floor of the medical center. There is no charge for using the machines and laundry supplies are available.
- Lost and found: For lost items, please visit the Security office located in the Emergency Department next to the valet. You can also contact Security at 945-204-1040.
- Newspapers: You can purchase newspapers at the My First Rodeo Gift Shop.
- Security: Security is located in the Emergency Department next to the valet. To request an escort at any time or to address security concerns, please call 945-204-1040.
- Wagons and wheelchairs: Wagons and wheelchairs are located at the main entrance near the information desk. If you need a wagon or wheelchair for patient transport, please ask at the information desk or a member of your child's care team.
- Waiting areas: We've designed our waiting areas to give you as much privacy as possible. If your child is in surgery, you'll find secluded spaces for you and your family. There are also locations throughout the medical center where you can purchase refreshments, snacks and meals.