At Cook Children's Medical Center – Prosper, we offer a full range of services closer to home. Whether you're looking for a pediatrician or need more specialized medical care, we cover all your child's health needs.
Why choose our medical center
Our large and experienced team provides high quality, trusted care — close to home. Here's how we do it:
- Pediatric-trained doctors: Our doctors are board certified in pediatrics and love treating young patients. We provide world-class pediatric care, with high-fives and lollipops on the side.
- Seamless coordination: We know how disconnected you can feel when your health care providers aren't in sync. Within Cook Children's integrated network, our teams communicate and share information to make sure your child gets the right care at the right time.
- Leading-edge technology: At Cook Children's, we embrace technology. Look no further than our innovative Peaks Tech Zone. Our "techsperts" can help you learn to use any devices recommended for your child's treatment. They can also help you navigate our MyCookChildren's patient portal and its Prosper-specific features.
- Timely care: Cook Children's doctors provide care directly, not through layers of interns, residents and fellows. This approach saves precious time when your child needs a quick diagnosis and rapid treatment.
- Modern rooms: Our patient rooms have adjoining alcoves for parents, with a separate TV and bathroom. We've also designed the rooms so staff can empty your trash without coming inside. These small details mean a lot when you and your child are trying to rest.
- Child-friendly environment: Our complete focus is on your child. From child-friendly medical devices to indoor play areas, we've designed everything from the point of view of the children we help.
Medical services we offer
At Cook Children's, we provide the extraordinary care you expect and the personal touches you might not anticipate. Yes, we take medical care very seriously. We also know that meeting kids at their level with fun and entertainment improves their experience and helps them heal.
Our medical center provides inpatient care, surgery and minimally invasive procedures.
In each patient room, you'll find a 65-inch digital whiteboard. You can watch TV, play video games, order food and access our health information library. The whiteboard is also a videoconference screen. Your doctor can bring other Cook Children's specialists or family members into the room virtually to discuss your child's care.
Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
If your child has a life-threatening illness or injury, they're in good hands at our Prosper medical center. Our PICU offers care from a team of highly trained specialists. For children needing even higher-level care, our Teddy Bear Transport gets them quickly to Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Located under the red awnings at the medical center, the emergency room is open 24-hours a day. Our emergency team is specially trained to treat children with serious illnesses and injuries.
We rapidly assess the condition of your child and coordinate additional care, which may include:
- Specialty services
- Inpatient care at the medical center
- Intensive care
- Transport to our level II trauma center in Fort Worth
If your child has a condition that seems life threatening or might cause permanent harm, call 9-1-1.
When your child needs specialty care, you don't have to travel far. Our specialty clinics provide a broad range of services. If your child needs to see more than one specialist, we can coordinate your appointments to avoid multiple trips — all you have to do is ask.
Prescriptions, laboratory testing and imaging are also close by. Just take a short walk down Main Street — the enclosed walkway to the medical center.
Pediatric specialties located in our Prosper medical center include:
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Hematology and Oncology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Sleep Medicine
- Sports Medicine
Pediatric experts provide same-day care at Cook Children's Urgent Care Clinic Prosper. We're open late seven days a week for sprains and strains, minor cuts and illnesses. You can even book an appointment online to avoid the waiting room.
Not sure whether to call your pediatrician, go to urgent care or head to the emergency room? Find out where to go in an emergency.
When you're looking for timely care, easy access and trusted expertise, look no further than Cook Children's primary care offices. Our network of pediatricians in Prosper and the surrounding area is rapidly growing. We offer online appointments, even for new patients.
For children who need immediate transport or stabilization, your child's doctor will contact Cook Children's Teddy Bear Transport. The transport team is always ready. We provide transportation via ambulance, helicopter or plane. Our staff of critical care experts is dedicated to getting your child to the intended destination quickly and safely.
Our Prosper surgery center is an outpatient facility that provides surgical services not requiring an overnight stay. Our pediatric surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and other staff provide high-quality care while putting you and your child at ease.
Our infusion center is the only one of its kind in the Prosper area. We collaborate with a range of specialties to provide intravenous therapy to young patients.
You'll find a full-service retail pharmacy on the lower level of the medical center. Our pediatric pharmacists specialize in making sure your child's medicines are safe and effective.
We're here to meet all your prescription needs. If you've just come from a doctor's visit, we can fill your prescription before you go home. We also offer compounding, flavor-blended medications, over-the-counter medicines and medication check-ups.
The imaging provided by our radiology department helps our doctors find out what's happening inside your child's body when they are sick or hurt. Tests include X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs and CT scans.
Located on the main floor of the medical center, we offer the latest technology in a child-centered environment. Our radiology technicians strive to make scans as comfortable for your child as possible.
Blood tests are a routine part of care that give your doctor important information about your child's health. If your child needs blood testing, they will visit our outpatient laboratory in the lower level of the medical center.
A blood draw can be distressing for some kids. Our technicians are experts in distraction. Their compassionate, gentle approach helps lessen discomfort.