At Cook Children's we're committed to family-centered care. Our goal is to foster nurturing, caring and trusting partnerships with our patients, families and staff.
We're here to make your visit as comfortable as possible, but when you have concerns, our patient representatives can help you navigate the complexities of a hospital, emergency or urgent care visit.
Patient representatives are available to listen to concerns you and your family may have, and to serve as advocates when addressing your needs and complaints. We also work with medical center personnel to achieve satisfactory resolutions and identify areas for process improvement. Each patient representative works hard to ensure your complaint is addressed in a timely manner with the appropriate management team.
In addition, we provide support, clarity and an important bridge so your family can focus on the one thing that matters most, your child.
Issues we can help with
- Concerns about medical care or personnel.
- Questions about admission/discharge procedures or scheduling problems.
- Navigating the health care system.
- Explaining services and patient rights and responsibilities.
- Patient safety and privacy compliance concerns.
Support we offer
- Listen and provide an impartial perspective.
- Provide mediation and dispute resolution.
- Facilitate patient care conferences.
- Execute advance directives and medical power of attorney.
- Forward compliments to designated management.
Everyone on our staff is here to make things go smoothly for you. Our goal is excellent service. We value your feedback and your comments are welcome.
Resources and information
Hours of operation
We are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
If you need assistance after hours, please call 682-885-4000 and ask for the nursing supervisor.
Patient representatives are also available to help with concerns at the following Cook Children's locations:
- Medical center
- Specialty clinics
- Emergency department
- Urgent care centers
Pamela Segura, MBA, CPXP, LSSGB
Director of Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence
Reagan White, Ph.D., CPXP
Manager Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence
Lauren Simpson, BA
Coordinator of Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence
Assistant of Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence