At Cook Children's we're committed to family-centered care. Our goal is to foster nurturing, caring and trusting partnerships with our patients, families and staff.
We're here to make your visit as comfortable as possible, but when you have concerns, our patient representatives can help you navigate the complexities of a hospital, emergency or urgent care visit.
Patient representatives are available to listen to concerns you and your family may have, and to serve as advocates when addressing your needs and complaints. We also work with medical center personnel to achieve satisfactory resolutions and identify areas for process improvement. Each patient representative works hard to ensure your complaint is addressed in a timely manner with the appropriate management team.
In addition, we provide support, clarity and an important bridge so your family can focus on the one thing that matters most, your child.
Why you might need us:
- Serves as an advocate for you (patient, parents, and legally authorized representatives).
- Educate on patient rights and responsibilities.
- Provides you with the chance to share your experiences and feelings about issues that have not been resolved to your satisfaction by your healthcare provider.
- Conduct a formal review of your complaints and grievances related to quality of care and treatment issues, service delivery, and/or patient rights.
- Gives feedback about your complaints and grievances from the team involved.
- Listen to your concerns without judgment.
- Forwarding compliments to designated management.
Everyone in our department is here to serve as a liaison and neutral facilitator to help improve the experience. Comments or complaints will not jeopardize the patient's current or future access to care at Cook Children’s Medical Center.
Resources and information
- Michele Mitchell, Ph.D., MSW, LCSW, ACC, CPXP- Director of Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence
- Reagan White, Ph.D., CPXP – Manager of Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence
- Hugo Busane, BS – Coordinator of Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence
- Joshua Breese, BS, MHA – Coordinator of Regulatory Patient Affairs/Service Excellence
When we can help
- We are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
How to reach us
- FORT WORTH AREA: 682-885-5325, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROSPER AREA: 945-204-0832, patientrepresentativeProsper@cookchildrens.org
- If your child is currently in one of our facilities and you need urgent assistance after hours, please call the operator at 682-885-4000 and ask for the nursing supervisor.
- Patient representatives are also available to help with concerns at the following Cook Children's locations:
- Medical centers
- Specialty clinics
- Emergency department
- Urgent care centers