Language and interpreter services
- Pacientes y Familias
- Visitations, Screening and Testing
- Plan Your Visit
- Your Health Care Team
- Family Centered Care
- Patient Safety
- Billing and Insurance
- Language Assistance Services
- Education Resources
- Request Medical Records
- Research Study Participants
- Support Groups
- Legal Help for Patient Families
Children and their families who receive care from Cook Children's come from many cultures and ethnic backgrounds. For families with language or communication challenges, we're here to help you understand your child's illness and treatment recommendations. We do this by providing language assistance for non-English speaking or hearing impaired children and families, including:
- Interpretation in multiple languages, allowing for communication between staff and patient families.
- Video remote interpretation for American Sign Language (ASL).
- Providing written instructions and information in the family's preferred language during a visit to our medical center or outpatient clinics, as well as care requirements for use at home.