Language and Interpreter Services
At Cook Children's, we believe that language should never be a barrier to providing medical care to a child. Children and their families who receive care from Cook Children's come from many cultures and ethnic backgrounds. To help them understand their child's illness and treatment, we provide language assistance for non-English speaking or hearing impaired children and families. Our interpreters are your voice.
We can participate in the daily care of the patient by giving your family information about tests, medicines or patient care you need to understand.
Compassionate and respectful communications lead to relationships built on trust. This ensures better quality, safety and ultimately better outcomes for every child, every day.
Interpreter services we provide
- Interpretation in multiple languages allowing for communication between staff and patient family.
- Video remote interpretation for American Sign Language (ASL).
- Provide written instructions and information in the family's preferred language during a visit to our medical center or outpatient clinics, as well as care requirements for use at home.
- Spanish speaking interpreters on staff who are accredited by the nationally recognized Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters.
- Video remote interpreting (VIR) — Available for over 200 languages, 24/7, including those most commonly spoken in our area:
- Over the phone interpretation (OPI) — Blue phones are located at nurse's stations and throughout the medical center campus to provide interpretation services where and as needed.
Hours of service
Language services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you need an interpreter, please contact 682-885-4119 and follow the prompts.