Family Health Library
The Family Health Library is a special place for our patient families and caregivers. Professional librarians will help you find the information you need to make the best possible health decisions for your child.
You will find understandable, up-to-date health information on many topics from parenting to pediatric illnesses. Library services are available to all Cook Children's patient families. You do not have to be staying in the medical center to receive information from one of our staff members.
At the Family Library you can:
- Ask to have a health information packet prepared just for you
- Get help from a professional librarian.
- Find facts about health topics in English and other languages.
- Use a computer, printer and fax machine.
- Borrow books.
- Enjoy a quiet place to read and relax.
Library hours and location
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. We're closed weekends and major holidays.
- The library is located on the 1st floor of the medical center near the Lego model and the entry doors just across form the Dodson Specialty Clinics.
- Medical words explained: MLA : For Health Consumers and Patients : What Did My Doctor Say? (mlanet.org)
- Websites for health information: MLA : For Health Consumers and Patients : Top Health Websites (mlanet.org)
- Phone: 682-885-3060
- Fax: 682-885-7031
- Email: Family.firstname.lastname@example.org
- We can email or send information to you at home at no charge