Panda Cares Center of Hope Sibling Support Center
The Panda Cares Center of Hope Sibling Support Center is a therapeutic activity center for brothers and sisters of patients at Cook Children’s. The program provides emotional and psychosocial support in a safe, fun and understanding environment. With caring staff and volunteers that offer creative arts for self-expression, opportunities for interactions and socialization with peers as well as developmentally appropriate play and activities. The Sibling Support center can provide relief from stress and anxiety for siblings as well as caregivers.
The Panda Cares Center of Hope Sibling Support Center
Open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
Siblings matter too.
Having a sibling with a chronic illness or lifechanging injury can be hard. Siblings may feel left out or need extra support because their parents are focusing on the health needs of the patient. That’s why we partnered with Panda Express to bring you The Panda Cares Center of Hope Sibling Support Center.
The program allows siblings to:
- Meet other siblings who are going through similar situations.
- Express their feelings.
- Celebrate their uniqueness.
- Have fun outside of their daily routines.
- Receive support and encouragement.
Info to know:
- Siblings will sign in by completing a brief registration and consent form.
- Parents/caregivers must show a driver’s license or government ID to check in and check out a sibling.
- You must remain on Cook Children’s campus while your child is in the center.
- Siblings must be 3-11 years old and completely toilet-trained.
- Siblings can stay for 90 minutes and must have a 30-minute break before returning for another 90 minutes.
- The center can welcome a maximum of 20 children at a time. We operate on a first come, first serve basis. We encourage families to check back if the center is full.
- No food or drinks allowed in the sibling center.