Pregnancy can be amazing, but it can also be overwhelming at times. Learning that your unborn baby may have a medical condition can be overwhelming. Cook Children's Fetal Center in Fort Worth, TX is here to help.
If a fetal anomaly is suspected by an obstetrician or maternal fetal medicine specialist, our Fetal Center will work together with you and your physician to provide diagnostics, delivery planning and medical interventions for your baby once born. Referring providers and their patient families have access to a multidisciplinary team of specialists, all in one location. And, of course, you'll have access to amazing support every step of the way.
Our team of pediatric subspecialists and surgeons will work together with you, your family, referring physician and neonatologists to determine the best strategy for delivery and treatment of your child after birth.
In utero diagnostics
- Level III ultrasound performed by a perinatologist
- Fetal echocardiogram performed by a pediatric cardiologist
- Fetal MRI by pediatric radiologist
- Genetic testing with maternal testing, and amniocentesis by the perinatologist
- Genetic counseling
- Expectant parent appointment with pediatric subspecialists
- Delivery planning with perinatology, neonatology and pediatric subspecialists
Maternal fetal medicine
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease program consultation
- Genetics consultation (including family planning)
- Maternal Fetal Medicine consultation
- Maternal Fetal Medicine transfer of total obstetrics care
- Social worker and social services
- Ronald McDonald House support
Family support services
- Help to arrange prenatal and postnatal accommodations
- Tour of the facilities where mom will give birth and where baby will go after birth
- Palliative Care team for discussion of complex outcomes and end of life concerns
Post-delivery treatment and planning:
- Includes access to a complete team made up of specialties and subspecialties
Whether it's your first visit to see a specialist or you are coming in for a second opinion, you are no doubt feeling a little nervous. We are here to help you reduce anxiety and prevent adding unnecessary stress for both you and your unborn child.
Before your visit, we recommend you call your primary care provider managing your pregnancy or your insurance provider and discuss your insurance coverage, co-payments and deductibles
If you live outside of the Fort Worth area we can connect you with our social worker to help assist you with transportation, accommodations or other financial assistance if applicable
We are here to help
Please know we are here for you. If you are interested in learning more about services we can provide, please call 682-885-2158.