Nursing at Cook Children's is about caring. The way we care for our patients is guided by our Promise and values and focused on one thing – the patient experience through family-centered care.
We believe that in order to give children the highest level of care possible, we have to include the entire family. Research shows that family involvement helps patients recover from illness quicker, so our nurses always include parents as partners in their child's care.
Our state-of-the art hospital is the center of our broader and rapidly growing health care system, with locations across the state. Here at Cook Children's, opportunities for nursing and career growth abound. And we're always seeking those whose core values align with our Promise, a commitment to improve the health of every child through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury.
- First in Texas and in 10th in the world to receive Magnet® designation four times. Magnet-designated since 2006 and redesignated three times, in January 2011, March 2016 and Febrary 2021
- Level IV NICU
- Level II Trauma Center
- Level II ER with 285,000+ ER and UCC visits per year
- Level I Children's Surgery Center
- First pediatric hospital to receive full accreditation through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- 4,150 transport cases per year
- 530,000 pediatric office visits per year
- 400+ Cook Children's Physician Network members
- International patients visiting from over 42 countries
- 6 therapy dogs
- Second medical center opening in 2021