Cook Children's Neurosciences program actively participates in clinical trials sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and collaborative organizations. To be part of these trials, Cook Children's must meet criteria specific to each group, and successfully pass routine tests and site visits.
Neuroscience active research studies
Some of the companies we currently partner with for clinical research studies include:
- Astra Zeneca
- Childhood Absence Epilepsy Coordinating Center (CAECC)
- Cyberonics Inc.
- Eisai Inc.
- Elan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Genzyme Corporation
- King Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Medtronic Inc.
- Novartis Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Schwarz Biosciences Inc.
- UCB Pharma
- University of Arkansas
Neurology research interests
The Cook Children's neurosciences program is interested in research topics relating to the care of our pediatric neurology patients. Some of our current neurology research interests include:
- Seizure reduction and freedom
- Improvement in motor functioning
- Neuromodulation technology
- Outcomes of specified therapeutic agents
- Long-term effects following treatment
For more information on research studies and programs at Cook Children's, please contact us at CookChildrensResearch@cookchildrens.org or 682-885-2103.