Awards and recognition may keep us in the spotlight, but it's our hearts that make Cook Children's truly unique. Our nurses are proud to work here not only because we are Magnet®-designated, but because of our shared values, our promise and our commitment to our patients. We have a tremendous group of compassionate and collaborative nurses who go above and beyond every day they come to work.
Nursing at Cook Children's Medical Center is about caring. Care for our patients and colleagues is guided by the following principles:
- Commitment to quality family-centered care.
- Respect for individuality and diversity.
- Combining the art of caring with the science of nursing to provide evidence-based care.
- Collaboration to coordinate care across the spectrum of health and illness.
- Critical thinking in carrying out the nursing process to achieve best practice.
- Provide an environment that supports innovation, learning, mentoring, advancement, and professional development.
- Practicing within and maintaining a safe care environment.