At Cook Children's we're committed to family-centered care. Our goal is to foster nurturing, caring and trusting partnerships with our patients, families and staff. We're here to make your visit as comfortable as possible, but when you have concerns, our Patient Representatives can help you navigate the complexities of a hospital, emergency or urgent care visit.
Patient Representatives listen to your concerns and serve as advocates when addressing needs and complaints. They work with medical center personnel to achieve satisfactory resolutions and identify areas for process improvement. Patient Representatives strive to ensure your complaint is addressed in a timely manner with the appropriate management team. We provide support, clarity and an important bridge so the patient can focus on getting well.
We can address concerns in the following Cook Children's locations:
- Medical center
- Specialty clinics
- Emergency department
- Urgent care centers
Things we can help with
- Concerns about medical care or personnel.
- Questions about admission/discharge procedures or scheduling problems.
- Navigating the health care system.
- Explaining services and patient rights and responsibilities.
- Patient safety and privacy compliance concerns.
- Listening and providing an impartial perspective.
- Providing mediation and dispute resolution.
- Facilitating patient care conferences.
- Executing advance directives and medical power of attorney.
- Forwarding compliments to designated management.
Everyone on our staff is here to make things go smoothly for you. Our goal is excellent service. Your comments and feedback are valued and desired.
Resources and information
- Advanced Directives - English
- Advanced Directives Spanish
- Advanced Directives Minor
- Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) English
- Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Spanish
- Patients and Parents Rights and Responsibilities English
- Patients and Parents Rights and Responsibilities Spanish
Hours of operation
We are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you need assistance after hours, call 682-885-4000 and ask for the nursing supervisor.