Children need good nutrition to develop healthy bodies and minds. But some children face health difficulties, such as food allergies or diabetes, that can make getting the nutrition they need challenging. Nutrition Services provides customized nutrition assessments, planning and advice designed to help your child grow and be healthy.
Through medical nutrition therapy, a Cook Children's pediatric dietitian can help prevent and manage diseases that affect your child's health, fitness and overall well-being. Cook Children's has registered dietitians and dietetic technicians on staff to help with your child's nutritional needs from birth all the way through the teen years.
Nutritional services we offer
We offer individual and group counseling where kids and families can learn about the nutritious options available to them in a fun and supportive environment. Counseling is available in English and Spanish.
Individual counseling is available for the following:
- Weight management (overweight/obesity)
- Underweight and failure to thrive
- Food allergies/food intolerance
- Picky eating and normal nutrition
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Cardiovascular disease, hypertension, elevated blood cholesterol
- Vegetarian/vegan diets
- Tube feedings
How do I make an appointment?
- As your pediatrician about Nutrition Services at your child’s next checkup.
- Call your pediatrician’s office today to speak to a nurse about any weight, feeding, or nutrition concerns and they can help direct you.
Looking for more information, tips, and healthy recipes kids and families will actually eat? Cook Children's has a wide variety of resources designed to keep your child healthy, and your family happy!