Cook Children's Pediatrics Windsong
At Cook Children's Windsong, we're here to help you raise a healthy child from infancy through the transition to adulthood. We offer well checks, immunizations, school and sports physicals, injury treatment, and care for both short-term illnesses and longer-lasting conditions.
If your child needs additional help, we can connect you with more than 60 Cook Children's specialty clinics. We're always ready to answer questions and share resources. Feel free to reach out — if you're expecting, you can even meet us before birth to see if we're a good fit. We're looking forward to your visit with us in Prosper.
Choosing Cook Children's for pediatric primary care
Your child's health and well-being are at the center of everything we do. As one of more than 40 Cook Children's pediatric offices and neighborhood clinics in north Texas, our team is committed to providing:
- Trusted expertise: Our pediatricians are board-certified, which means they're trained and experienced in caring for infants, young children and teens. From the moment you contact us, you'll experience our deep commitment to your family. Meet our pediatricians.
- Timely care: Same-day appointments are available for your child's pressing needs. We also offer virtual video visits for certain appointments and can answer your questions by phone. If your child needs help after hours, Cook Children's offers a growing number of urgent care locations.
- Coordinated specialty services: If your child has a more complex medical need, we can refer you to nationally recognized specialists in the Cook Children's network. We partner with more than 60 specialty clinics to ensure every child gets the care they need.
- Real partnerships: We're proud of our patient-centered medical home recognition —earned by ensuring the people we help have a good experience. We're dedicated to working closely with your family, listening to your concerns and making care decisions together.
- Easy access: Our MyCookChildren's patient portal makes it easy to stay in touch. Message your pediatrician with a question. Schedule an appointment or see test results. You can even send a picture or video for immediate concerns. Need to upload a sports form for your doctor to complete? You can do that, too. Our virtual help desk is here if you need assistance.
Important reminder for parents of newborns
Most insurance plans automatically cover newborns as an extension of the mother's insurance for a limited number of days beginning from birth, typically 30 days. However, this varies by insurance provider (it can be anywhere from 24 hours to 31 days) so it's best to enroll your baby right away. If you miss the baby's enrollment period you won't be able to cover your baby until your insurance provider's next open enrollment date. For more information on newborns and insurance coverage, we have a handy guide for you.