"No parent is expected to have it all together. Give yourself some grace. We're all starting from scratch."
You never know when a family problem, crisis, or emergency will happen and you need help. If you are not sure what to do in these moments, below are some ideas to help you get started. Check back often for new information.
Community help starts with a call, click or text /El apoyo comunitario comienza con una llamada, un clic o un texto
- Call: 211 to talk to an actual person 24 hours a day, every day
- Click: find help.org and search by zip code
- Text: the word FIND to 67629 to search for resources by zip code
These community resources are supported by a network of caring, local experts. They are available to help you. They can assist families with bills, finding housing, food and other tough times your family might experience.
For crisis help /Para ayuda en caso de crisis
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988 or 911 for emergency
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
- Mental health crisis response team through MHMR (My Health My Resources) of Tarrant County: Text or call 1-800-866-2465.
COVID vaccines/Vacunas para COVID
We know COVID-19 was hard on families. We want to help you and your family find vaccines easily.
- Check with your child's doctor first.
- Click: vaccines.gov and enter your zip code.
- Click: Tarrant County COVID-19 Vaccine Finder (tarrantcounty.com)
- Call: (833) 832-7067 to find a local vaccine provider.
- Question about vaccines? Click on Cook Children's COVID-19 Vaccine for Children & Teen
Hang in there. You might feel like you are alone but you're not. We are a family of support who is here to help. If there are resources you think we should add, please email the Health Equity Team by clicking here: Cook Children's team.