Visiting Fort Worth
Just minutes away from the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Fort Worth is the 17th largest U.S. city. With numerous new hotels, restaurants and exciting things to do, the city is a premier tourist attraction, welcoming more than 6.5 million visitors per year.
Enjoy a range of experiences, from a show at Billy Bob's Texas to the artistic masterpieces of the Fort Worth Cultural District. Explore the true American West in the Stockyards National Historic District, attend a place of worship, or shop and dine in Sundance Square. The Fort Worth Zoo is ranked in the top five in the nation and the Bass Performance Hall is compared to the great concert halls in Europe with beautiful architecture and acoustics. Fort Worth's downtown area is one of the most exciting and safest in the nation, with a sense of community and a unique small-town feel. Learn more about Fort Worth, Texas.
Best places for kids:
- Forest Park Miniature Railroad – five-mile round-trip train ride around Trinity Park.
- Fort Worth Herd – the world’s only twice-daily cattle drive!
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History – houses a variety of traveling and permanent exhibitions.
- Fort Worth Zoo – ranked the number five zoo in the nation.
- Stockyards Championship Rodeo – bull riding, barrel racing and calf roping.
- Six Flags Over Texas - A 212-acre theme park located 15 miles east of Fort Worth.
- Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium – the world’s largest domed stadium.
- Texas Rangers Globe Life Park – America’s favorite pastime.
- Texas Motor Speedway – one of the largest racing facilities in the nation.
- Bass Performance Hall – one of the top 10 opera houses in the world.
- Sundance Square – home to restaurants, live music, shops and more.
- Panther Island Pavilion – live music, kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden – the oldest botanic garden in Texas.
- Kimbell Art Museum – internationally renowned for its collections and architecture.
Wildcatter Ranch – Only minutes from Dallas/Fort Worth escape the city and discover the beauty of the North Texas Hill Country at a Texas guest ranch complete with western-styled guest rooms, horseback riding, guided activities, therapeutic massages and first-class authentic Texas cuisine. Wildcatter Ranch is sure to be an unforgettable destination. For more information, please visit www.wildcatterranch.com
Fort Worth fun facts:
- Fort Worth is home to the oldest stock show and rodeo in the country.
- Fort Worth’s official nickname is “Cowtown.”
- The Fort Worth Cultural District is one of the largest arts districts in the U.S. and has five internationally recognized museums.
Tax free information:
While you’re in Fort Worth, take advantage of world class luxury shopping – tax free! With thousands of participating stores, shopping tax free in Texas is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
Step 1: Shop at any of our 6,000+ participating stores.
Step 2: Process your refund at one of six convenient locations.
- Purchased merchandise for inspection
- Original receipts
- I-94/Entry Stamp/ESTA, Visa, IFE
- Flight or transportation information
Step 3: Receive your refund by cash, check or PayPal.
- University Park Village – Fort Worth – a high-end shopping mall featuring luxury apparel shops and casual dining options. 1612 S. University Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Ridgmar Mall – Fort Worth – an enclosed shopping mall. 1888 Green Oaks Road, Fort Worth, TX 76116
- Grapevine Mills – a diverse-scale shopping mall. 3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway, Grapevine, TX 76051
- Grand Prairie Premium Outlets – the world’s finest outlet shopping. 2950 1-20 Frontage Road, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- Galleria Dallas – an upscale shopping mall.13350 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX 75240
- Highland Park Village – Dallas – an upscale shopping plaza. 47 Highland Park Village, Dallas, TX 75205
- NorthPark Center – Dallas – a large enclosed upscale shopping mall. The center has over 235 stores and restaurants. 8687 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75225
- DFW Airport
- Terminal D (North) – outside security near American Airlines check-in
- Terminal D (South) – outside security near Lufthansa check-in
- Grapevine Mills – neighborhood 1 near Ross
- Grand Prairie Premium Outlets – near customer service
- Galleria Dallas – level 3 near Old Navy
- Highland Park Village – Dallas – located between Chanel and Starbucks
- NorthPark Center – Dallas – between Cole Haan and Salvatore Ferragamo
We're here to help.
If your child has been diagnosed, you probably have lots of questions. We can help. To schedule an appointment, refer a patient or speak to our staff, please call our international team.